Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Very Obsessive-Compulsive Sunday

Obsession: the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.

Compulsion: A strong, usually irresistible, impulse to perform an act.

And just for the record, I do not think that Colby has OCD.  I just think he has some OCD tendencies.

There are days, like today, that he is compelled by a single thought and urge to act on that thought.  Today's "THING" is using a different keyboard for my computer.  He has obsessed about the "white one" (never mind that it is actually silver) all day!  Why does he want to use the other keyboard?  WHO KNOWS!  Not Colby's Family!  He went as far as unplugging  it from the computer it goes to and tried to unplug my keyboard from my computer.  He became  very agitated when we said that he would have to wait until tomorrow to plug in the "White One".   But, if you know me, you know that my desk is a multitude of need-to-finish projects, paper work, school work, work-work, mail I need to look at, books, and probably many things that I just don't want to think about at the moment.  Needless to say, but plugging in a different keyboard is just going to have to wait until I clean off my desk.  That being said, I have already started cleaning so that tomorrow after school, Colby can plug in the "white one".

Well, I guess we will just have to see how the rest of the night goes, but after a small meltdown (small meaning it lasted less than 30 minutes), he seems content to leave the keyboard on the kitchen table and wait until tomorrow.  And hey, at least mom's desk is getting clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment