Monday, November 8, 2010

My BFC (Best Friend Colby) By Patrick

The outsiders view of Colby:


Since everyone else is writing a blog about our monkey-doodle, I thought I would say some things about him as well.


As some of you know, I came into Meliah's life late and to Colby's even later.  Although Meliah, as any parent should, had reluctance at the idea of me meeting Colby (when she and I were still dating), she eventually relented.  I remember my first meeting with Colby; a sweet kid, who loved McDonalds.  That is where we first went to meet...the McDonald's on Charlotte.


From there, Colby and I became inseparable.  I don't know what it was, but that little guy changed my life and my relationship with Meliah.  I loved Colby as my own and I still do.  He is my other son and he calls me Dad.  Don't get me wrong, Colby can be a handful, and he can drive me nuts.  But, he is also sweet and caring and he now realizes that Meliah and I are not leaving him, no matter what he does at home.


I will write more as I can, but Colby is my sweet boy.  He is my "monkey".  I love him as my son and I look forward to watching him grow up.  And no, I will not let Meliah take pictures of me as Buzz Lightyear ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment